Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ramblings

There is no real reason for this post aside from I'm updating mine as well as Trio's. I really need to get back into the habit of writing on a regular basis and I've said that forever but it has become abundantly clear to me with everything that has been going on with my life, family, and in-laws that I don't want regrets. I don't want 10 years down the road to never have published something not because I'm not good at it because I am. There are very few things (very few) that I'm actually prideful about myself on and writing is one of them. Also playing the viola so if I am ever able to take that back up and actually be in some kind of symphony even if it's like a tiny one in Pflugerville I'd be the bomb at it.

Anyways though I need to get on the ball. Because while I love my job and would love to stay at the *company* for the far forseeable future I do not want to stay in my current *position* too much longer if I can avoid it. It's a job at that level and not a career. And if I can't then I want to write because that will give me leave to stay at home and make a little bit of money as well. Plus it would be doing something that I love. I just need to stop procrastinating and being my own worst critic and enemy and get on it. Hell even if it is just a self-publish through Amazon it's there. So I need to get on the ball.

Work is okay. New team, new shift (well new to y'all...I've been doing it since June but obviously not blogging about it). New expansion was released which means a whole lot of work but hey being busy makes the day go back faster. My weekend is now Tuesday/Wednesday which is kind of blargh for the most part; but I'm not there on reset and patch days and that is a big bonus. Truthfully if I had gone for a day shift I would have wanted Tuesdays off for that reason. Just sucks when you're still a Night Stalker and you have that particular weekend. Oh well....I'll manage after all. It's only for about 9 more months anyways.

Home life is okay. We're still living together and we haven't moved to a bigger place because the time is not right. I understand that and all but my gosh I'm drooling over the day Trio has his own bedroom and bed. While I'm not naive enough to think he'll stay there all night at first I am optimistic enough that at least he'll *start* the night there. And maybe if he has his own cool stuff (lik the Dream Light Pillow Pet puppy he wants) it will give more of an incentive.

Because honestly even as much as she drives me bat crap crazy just being my sister I know we're going to live together for a bit. It works out in both of our favors. Case in point with the hubby being in Oklahoma for family issues, I don't have to worry about getting a baby sitter for Trio when I go in; she has to try to get off early but since it's only for a few days and we live where she works it's no biggie. Just like she doesn't have to worry about childcare for her daughter or if she has to work late paying that fee (and it is high...you're talking a dollar for every minute you're late after they close) because one of us is always here. We're getting into a better routine though I think mainly because my sister and I are communicating more, which if you know us in real life you know it's a major step even if it is oh say 10 years later than it should have happened.

And on that note I'm off for now. I'm actually debating with the idea of another blog, related to books as in reviews of books, genres, authors, etc...but I'm going to chew on it a bit before I decide to. Although if I do I'll be sure to let y'all know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment